October’s Third Thursday brought about 22 members together – join us next time! Check the Event Calendar for details.
Time stamps are approximate. Chat transcription and relevant links below 🙂
Welcome – We always kick off Third Thursday with a slide deck presented by Karl and Kara –
0:00 – Welcome
1:15 – Zoom audio tip
3:10 – Zoom .ics files have been updated (yay!) We’ll try sharing calendar links again and hope they are more successful
3:50 – What’s New . . . What’s Next
- Where to find past recorded community meetings
- New Dashboard – quick tour and Q&A
19:30 – SBT Roundtable with Jay McBain – October 28
23:50 – Next class at Great Little Seminar: Managed Services in a Month
- Starts next Tuesday, October 20 at 9am
25:45 – New Class and Workbook just for members: 2021: Year of Intention
27:45 – Members have recently published books – congrats! (and go buy them – links below!)
- James Kernan
- Chris Timm
Mailbox – we address submitted questions first (use the form on your Member Dashboard)
33:50 – Question from Laine:
- Has anyone used FireEye/Mandiant Email Threat Protection services and Endpoint Protection Services with Helix?
- Has it been good/bad and is the online console easy to use & understand?
- What Email threat protection services do you currently use, and has been working great for your clients using Google business and Microsoft 365?
- What endpoint protection services installed on workstations/servers been working great?
36:00 – New member Jaime introduces himself – welcome Jaime!
37:50 – New member Chima introduces himself – welcome Chima!
41:30 – Question from Amit on SharePoint:
- Is SharePoint as good in terms of access compared to a Windows file server?
- How “locked down” can you make it
1:01:00 – Suggestions for podcasts guess or anything else – send them in
- Karl’s daughter just got married so he’ll be giving all of this attention to member from now on 😉
Member Wins and Challenges
- Vince became a dad again last week with the arrival of his second daughter – Congrats, Vince!!
- Jeff – how to find Blockchain develops that don’t want a quarter million dollars or a significant stake in the company (or both!)
- Eric hosted a channel event yesterday with Channel Strong for a food drive – awesome!